The latest news from GSR
GSR joins EU Horizon 2020 Project: Blue Nodules
The Blue Nodules project will develop a new highly-automated and technologically sustainable deep sea mining system for the harvesting of polymetallic nodules from the sea floor.
The key objectives of Blue Nodules are:
• An industrially viable polymetallic nodule business case at water depths of 3,000 to 6,000 meters.
• In-situ processing (sediment separation and sizing) and onboard process (dewatering and conditioning).
• Excellent, intrinsically safe working conditions.
• Minimum environmental impact.
• Compliance with the relevant policies and regulations
Start date: 1 Feb 2016
End date: 31 Jan 2020
Duration: 48 Months
Total costs / Total EC Funding: 8 M€
14 Partners from 9 different countries in Europe